Tuesday 20 July 2010

WAHHHHHHH

Today is a little rant about life.

I've been jobless for a while now and it's so difficult living life with nothing but job hunting to look forward to!! So I go to town alot and look around to see if anyone is advertising in their window, and i regularly go to the sainsburys cafe to get a drink. Usually i stand chatting to the staff for a while and I've sort of become friends with most of them. Anyway last Friday i hear about a job opening they may have coming up soon so i get all excited and feel really positive as the manager is one of the people i speak to frequently. I get told by Phoebe a girl who works there that he will be in on Tuesday (Today) and speak to him about the possible opening. So i do. He seemed very positive about the idea of me working there and tells me the job opening will be up on the sainsburys website tonight and probably won't be there long as they only left it up one afternoon last time they  advertised. So i get home all excited and go on the sainsburys website... Yay! the post is advertised. I eagerly sign up and start my application and to my horror... They want 2 work or educational referees with full addresses. OK now bear in mind I've only had 1 job before and went to uni 2 years ago now. I contact my old workplace... The manager isn't in until tomorrow so i have to call back then. I email 2 of my old tutors... Fat chance they will get back in contact inside a week!! Now what do i do!! I'm left half way through a job application that i REALLY need to put in today and i have NO possible referee's for at least 2 days!! GAH First finding a job is difficult, then applying for the damn thing is difficult!! Why is everything in life always an uphill struggle!! I envy people who are brought up into the family business and never have to go searching for a job. Rant over for now i guess... I'm going to sit here now worrying about what to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment