Saturday 17 July 2010

Tats and me :)

Ok so this is a huge love and a subject I always use as a kind of "first contact" subject as everyone can easily talk about them TATTOO'S!! :D

So anyways, at the moment I have 7, and as of yet, I have never regretted a single one! I'll Post all the pictures of my current ones at the end to save you having to scroll so much :P

Back to the subject at hand. I got my first tat when i was 17 (shh!) and I was so damn excited, like a child at Christmas staring at the presents under the tree waiting for their parents to let them start tearing their way through. I only had to wait 2 hours between deciding what i wanted and actually getting it done, which is the kind of person i am. I get very impatient when it comes to tattoo's and if i decide what i want and have to make an appointment which is a week away i hate the wait. Anyways the first tattoo i got was a pentagram on my left forearm arm, start small i thought to myself! My second, was a Chinese style dragon on my right arm, that was one of those wait a week things i mentioned earlier, i got the outline done the day i decided i wanted another tattoo but i had to wait a week to go back and get the colour done, so it weren't too bad, still had something :) It's strange actually how after your first tattoo, most of the people I've talked to who have tattoo's including myself, start getting cravings every 2-6months for more tats :) Maybe it's the endorphins or adrenaline your body releases when in pain that creates that "want" for more, now I've had a few i can really understand how people who have tattoo's can end up getting *too* much ink! I would carry on listing the rest of my tattoo's and the stories behind them but hey, if you look at the pics and want to know the story just comment :)

Anyway now for the new ones. I don't know if i have mentioned it before but i LOVE dragons and everything about them! They just fascinate me and instigate some deep thoughts. So for the first tattoo i am hoping to get for my birthday i really wanted another dragon. I really wanted an ancient dragon (Wings and 4 legs) but that would be too detailed/expensive for me/anyone buying me a tattoo for my birthday, so instead i decided to go with my 3Rd tribal design (One on my ankle and one on my back already)
So that is the one i would really like, on my right shoulder/arm going down towards my elbow. The other design i really like is:

That one matches the one on my ankle but i have yet to find a tattooist who can do a 3d orb justice :)

This last one is one that will be my 2nd birthday tattoo after one of those dragons. I do have a fascination with pentagrams but that is more because the lore behind them is so diverse and argued. To be honest, i just love looking at them :)

Ok so that's about it for now! My neck is aching and i need to go eat, but i will leave you with pictures of my current tattoo's :) 







Thats all folks :) Sorry about the poor quality of some of the pictures :) Most are 4-5 years old and i haven't bothered retaking them. I think i may retake some today :) take care all and thank you for reading :) 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see that one of my designs almost made it on to your body. When I drew that red and black dragon it was for a tattoo, but I ended up going a different way with it in the end. Would have been nice to see it had gotten inked.

    Joseph Finchum
    The red and black dragons artist.

    ReplyDelete