Wednesday 7 April 2010

Those things that we love and hate



So today we ran out of milk, chocolate, cigarettes, pretty much all of our vices. It's made me think just how people always do things that they know are bad for them but still enjoy doing it. I could possibly go without cigarettes and give up, but the second i can afford them i can't help myself buying more.

  It makes me laugh and sigh inside when i think about how much people rely on vices to get through every day life. Society has evolved into this big machine where everyone has their place which they have to conform to. Even if someone works two jobs and runs themselves into the ground its just seen as something that we have to do. We must work 9-5 and do our bit for society. I know we as a race would never have got this far if we didn't work together and all do our part, but ow we have evolved to the stage where there are too many people and not enough jobs to go around, soon there wont be enough fuel and food to satisfy our modern lifestyles that we take for granted. I don't know if im the only person that only sees doom in our future. I love watching these programs that show where modern technology is at and where it is leading etc, free energy and ways of expanding our health and the way we live. There is a drug apparently being developed which can increase your brains capacity to retain information, therefore combating the effects of alzheimers, ways of increasing crop capacity. Instead of using acres of flat farms for crops, building towers and having each floor for crop raising thus expanding the amount of space for farming. 
When I see all of these ideas it gives me hope but then i think, we are all now used to our lifestyles and we are destroying our childrens future by not changing the way we think. People come up with amazing life changing ideas but then things never change no-one ever changes. When we first found out we were damaging our atmosphere, what did we do? Reduce the amount of CFC's we put out. Now we have found out that we are severely increasing natural disasters and what do we do? Come up with hundreds of planet saving ideas that are all "Not financially viable" because they involve "free" energy so companies can't make money off. 

Whilst i am on the subject of global warming i really want to say this! People are always talking how the planet is heating up and how we have done this to our planet, when in actual fact what is happening at the moment (bar holes in our atmosphere which we HAVE created) are all natural processes! Our planet has done this a thousand times before we even existed. Volcanoes and other natural life put out carbon dioxide and eventually put out more carbon dioxide than trees can handle. The warming process melts the ice caps, which in turn reduces the salinity in the oceans which in turn stops the process in the atlantic ocean which brings warmth up from the equator and takes cool water back. After this has happened the planet stalls. The equator gets hotter and the northern and southern hemispheres freeze over. It just annoys me when governments and tv shows always neglect to point that out.

Anywho i guess i've rambled on enough for today :) Thank you for reading :)

6 comments:

  1. I love how milk was in your list of vices :)

    In most of your posts you seem to be pretty frustrated by societies expectations for you. Working endlessly, doing things because you "have to".

    also, I've absolutely never heard that about global warming before, it's surprising

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol your comment made me smile. The reason i always seem frustrated is because i can rant about things that frustrate me really well :)

    I do get annoyed at the way society has got to this point and now just won't change.

    Thank you for being my only commenter so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound like my boyfriend like that! haha, he's very frustrated with society, to the point that he's trying to change it from within, Political Science major.

    as for commenting and reading, I don't have a lot of advice to offer, as I'm obviously pretty new at this too.
    But what I did end up doing was joining a blogging community online for young adults, (20somethingbloggers) and commented in a few groups there with links to my blog. Now, everytime I do post an update I link to the post there with a blurb about it.
    I think it helps, but I honestly don't know.
    I like using it to find new people to follow too.
    and now I should stop talking because this comment is longer than some of my blog posts. good lordy.

    (this is my profile there http://www.20sb.net/profile/elizabeth210)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah my gf is on 20 something bloggers. I was thinking about joining but thought id like to see how i do without it to begin with. Do it the hard way and see if i get more "follower" followers rather than more random people commenting lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i forgot to add, milk is on my list of vices because over the last 2-3 months my life has got ALOT more stressful so i have been drinking alot more tea and coffee to try and cope (never been much of a alcohol person)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering about that. ya'know it's not a bad thing to drink if it's only skim milk.

    ReplyDelete